JOB POSTING – VP Sales & Marketing
The VP Sales & Marketing is responsible for all commercial and revenue-generation activity in the company to include driving better integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions, including marketing, sales, distribution, customer support, pricing, and revenue management.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides overall leadership of the sales & distribution function across the business.
· Manages and directs the execution of the sales strategy to increase profitability and support the overall growth of the business.
· Develops and implements a strategy to achieve budgeted volume and revenue objectives for Distribution business.
· Provides technical support and training to distributor sales personnel and develops plans to improve the overall level of Excelta support to the distributors.
· Evaluates and rationalizes the distribution network, evaluates and approves distribution contracts, proposes changes to the distribution network that benefit Excelta.
· Manages and implements annual sales budget and action plan to increase revenue year over year.
· Ensures sales execution and strategy is aligned with market strategy and customer demands.
· Drives the maximizing of CRM software to leverage better visibility, planning, integration, and utilization of customer data.
· Develops and manages operating budgets for sales and marketing functions.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
· Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
· Coordinates presentations and leads discussions on the effectiveness of sales and development strategies including ensuring appropriate analysis and action plans are in place.
· Reviews and analyzes performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
· Manages, coaches and motivates sales team members.
· Prepares sales/marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
· Verifies monthly commission to the sales representative and makes recommendations for sales incentive plans that maximize profitability while containing costs.
· Develops and directs market strategy, coordinating new and existing products with Sales to penetrate new markets.
· Develops long-term relationships with customers and potential customers.
· Develops and implements pricing and profit strategy for market, maintains pricing & products database.
· Manages e-commerce activity and online sales campaigns (Excelta website)
· Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
· Participates in new product task teams and implements new product market penetration.
· Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
· Develops and executes strategic marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
· Evaluates and recommends distribution channel development programs.
· Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
· Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
· Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
· Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and provides feedback for future product development.
· Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
· Evaluates and recommends trade shows to promote product and services in the most effective manner.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a full-time exempt position that can be remote with travel required up to 75%. For the first six months, extensive time will be required in SB County (Buellton, CA). Salary Range $150,000 - $200,000