Providing an excellent combination of maneuverability and leverage, Excelta's medium nose pliers are differentiated primarily by their head shape:
- Chain Nose - Most commonly used for manipulating wire, head and eye pins, and opening and closing wire loops
- Needle Nose - For work in very narrow spaces or on very small objects.
- Bent Nose - A 60° bend at the tip allows for work at a slight offset.
- Flat Nose - These tools are ideal for straightening wires or component leads.
- Round Nose - With symmetrical, conical jaws, these pliers are used to bend wire and create loops.