Are you a reliable and detail-oriented problem-solver who works well with your hands AND working with others to produce excellent quality products? Do you thrive in a high-performance team environment where initiative and continuous improvement is part of our results-driven, ‘better before bigger’ culture? If you’re thinking ‘yes, that’s me’ then we have the opportunity for you!
EXCELTA, a family-owned distributor and manufacturer of tweezers, pliers, cutters, and other small assembly hand tools based in Buellton, is looking for a Shop Technician / Machinist.
• Assembles fabricated parts at different work stations
• Assembly of Blanks and Cutter to pre-established guidelines
• Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications
• Operates CNC Machine - loading fixtures, installing in machine; running programs, running offsets in machine, changing /tweaking programs as needed
• Operating various mechanisms / tools such as: Belt and Wheel Grinders, Surface Grinders, Axys Machine, Vertical Mill, Drilling tools, tapping
• Designs jigs and fixtures for toolmaking
• Tests and calibrates parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications
• Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary
• Maintain monthly Maintenance Log on all hand and power tools, inspect monthly and keep log on equipment condition as it relates to safety and effective operation; notify Supervisor of faulty or failing equipment
• Training New employees how to finish parts – deburring
• Works under immediate supervision of the Shop Manager
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job
Skills, Experience, Education:
• High School diploma required; Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, or related field strongly preferred
• One to two years manufacturing / machine operation / assembly / hand tools / CNC machines experience strongly preferred
• Basic math and critical thinking skills
• Detail-oriented mindset
• Data entry and computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of safety protocols and requirements
This is a full-time non-exempt position that is required to be onsite full-time on the day shift. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm in Buellton, CA. Salary Range $18.00 - $30.00 / hour. We offer a full benefits package including medical insurance and 401k.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and arms to handle and reach.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.